It’s been awhile, yo!
I haven’t posted about favorites in quite some time and my oh my how things have changed since then There’s been a fairly large donation to the makeup room, and I’ve had some time to really sit down and do my makeup.
I have been trying a lot of new things for my upcoming wedding since I’ll be doing my own makeup (pretty excited).
So, what do we have here, this month?
- Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye palette. This has been the perfect palette to travel with! I’m planning to put together a full review + swatch post soon, so, spoiler alert, it’s pretty awesome.
- My custom Z-Palette! I know Z-Palette is in a bunch of hot water right now, but I’m not exactly about to throw the thing away. Either way, it’s filled with some of my favorite shadows ever, and there’s only room for more (read about my single shadow idea here). The most recent additions to the palette are Urban Decay’s Solstice (a little Christmas gift to myself) and MAC’s Haux, the shadow that started my single shadow program! (Swatched below, from bottom to top: MAC Haux, Prestige Bewitched, Urban Decay Solstice. Above that, in the next trio are the Butter London Eye Glazes (another Christmas gift to myself) Frosted, Glazed, Spark, and Oil Slick. All the way to the right: Inglot Pigment 84). The rest of the swatches are here! The only things not swatched is the far right of the palette. This is my little face-on-the-run palette. The bronzer/contour color is my all time favorite contour shade ever. I even love it for my eyes. It’s from an old Lorac Palette, the Lorac Resort Palette (SOS searching for a dupe, I’ll post swatches soon) The highlighter is Ofra Bliss and the setting powder is Japonesque.
- Urban Decay Electric Palette. I love this to add crazy pops of color to my looks! I especially love the lime green shade and the hot pink!
- Nars Sheer Glow (Sephora Sample) in Fiji. Pretty sure that’s what I want for my wedding makeup. It was between that, Urban Decay, and MUFE. (Here it is on my skin.)
- Butter London Eye Glazes in Frosted, Spark, and Oil Slick, also swatched below! I totally want to do a review on these soon, but for now, I’ll just tell you that they’re absolutely amazing and I don’t know how these aren’t always sold out.
- Inglot pigment in 84. Also amazing, also want to use this for wedding makeup! It’s an awesome gold/green duochrome. Super glittery. A+.
- Becca liquid highlight in Opal. It’s perfect for the perfect, easy to achieve, lit from within glow. Definitely a favorite. I like to use it under my Kat Von D Alchemist funky space alien highlight.
- Lancome Énergie de Vie The Smoothing & Plumping Pearly Lotion. Amazing before makeup. I got this as a little sample from Sephora.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow + the #12 brush. I just did a whole Battle of the Brows here, it’s as amazing as people say.
And last, but certainly not least:
- Kat Von D Alchemist Palette. This thing is amazing. I have one complaint and it’s that these shades aren’t sold individually so I can take it with me everywhere. I am considering getting two so I can have one in my bag at all times and one at the makeup station. I’ve already raved and raved and raved here, so here’s a look with it:
I’ve got some great makeup to play with nowadays and I’ve been hard at work creating new looks! What did you love this month?